Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM), also known as Oljefondet is looking for a proficient Full Stack Developer. You will be part of The Equity and Governance Business Delivery Team and work closely with portfolio managers and other stakeholders across the organization. The team builds innovative solutions that support our drive for excess returns and ensure that NBIM is at the forefront of investment technology.
Our team has 10 experienced developers, data managers, and business managers spread across our offices in Oslo and London and our core focus is on development and maintenance of proprietary solutions. The newer parts of our software stack is predominantly Python-based with quite a bit of legacy C# code in the mix. Angular is our preferred front-end technology, and our solutions are deployed on AWS using Azure for authentication and security. In addition to being enthusiastic about web application development and software development technology our team has a strong business orientation. Collaboration with the stakeholders on the investment teams across all NBIM locations in Oslo, London and New York is key to the success of the team.
We are part of the Business Delivery Team (BDT) department of NBIM, responsible for delivering systems and solutions to the active Equity Investment and Governance and Compliance areas of the business. The immediate focus for the business delivery team is to further strengthen the interaction with business stakeholders and the role will involve direct communication with end users working in an agile team with an 18-month rolling roadmap.
Who is the ideal candidate?
What you will do
As a Developer in the Equity and Governance BDT you will be:
- Working in collaboration with the business users in the Equity Strategy and Corporate Governance business areas to ensure solutions meet business requirements
- Working in an agile way, using scrum based methods in planning and progression together with the rest of the business delivery team
- Interpreting business requirements, turning them into specifications and creative designs and solutions Maintaining and supporting the applications managed by the team
- Actively working as part of the team to find new and improved processes, techniques and tools to enhance the business IT experience
What you need
In order to be successful in this role we believe that the following background and experience is required:
- Highly skilled in Python development, preferably also with experience with other languages such as C#
- Familiar with AWS as cloud compute platform
- Familiar with -and used to working with common tools like Git, Azure DevOps, Jira and Confluence
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline
In addition it is beneficial if you have somewhere around 5 years of relevant experience and that you can check off on some of the following:
- Experience with Service-oriented Architecture (SoA) based development.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Snowflake or other modern data warehouse solutions
- Experience with AWS Serverless Computing
- Experience from the Asset Management industry
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
Who you are
We are looking for curious and creative people with some of the following characteristics:
- International curious mindset with an eagerness to learn
- Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
- Passionate and enthusiastic developer and user of technology to make things better for the business
- Ability to take ownership of issues and someone with a problem-solving mindset
- Strong stakeholder management across all levels
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity, and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation where 38 nationalities are represented. English as our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy, and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions. Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Are you interested?
We would love to hear from you! You can apply through the link in this ad, that will take you to the application form in our recruitment system.
Applications will be reviewed consecutively throughout the application period.
Application Deadline : November 26, 2023
We manage the Government Pension Fund Global, one of the world’s largest funds, with assets worth about 15,000 billion kroner, or 1.4 trillion dollars. The fund is invested in international equity and fixed-income markets as well unlisted real estate and renewable energy infrastructure. We are more than 620 people from 35 countries based in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai. Our mission is to safeguard and build financial wealth for future generations of Norway. Please see our website for more information www.nbim.no.
Norges Bank Investment Management is subject to the Freedom of Information Act, and the list of applicants for the position is subject to public disclosure. An applicant requesting to have his or her name or other information exempt from public disclosure must provide grounds for this request. Please note that information about an applicant may be disclosed to the public even if the applicant has requested that such information be exempt.